Posted 3 Weeks ago
We are looking for an experimented and flexible VMWare engineer for a EU mission abroad
- Deploy the VM Ware infrastructure.
- Guide the deployment till completion
- Participate, on a punctual basis, on specific project tasks related to her/his specialty.
- Implements, maintains and adapts the configuration of the VM Ware Infrastructure;
- Advises the project team and the customer in areas such as availability management, capacity management, contingency planning, configuration management, replacement/upgrade of outdated equipment/software, and other relevant tasks related to the role and the domain of VMWare;
- Maintains the relevant documentation/manuals/procedures describing VMWare and their infrastructure of the customer;
- Provides input in order to organize regular knowledge transfer sessions.
- Bachelor or University degree in IT or equivalent by valid professional IT certifications in the domain of administration/operations of VMWare.
- VMWare Certified Professional (Specialization: Data Center Virtualization) VCP6-DCV
- English proficient (CEFRL Level: Minimum B2, Ideally C1)
- Preferable 2nd language: French and/or Dutch
- At least 5 years of professional experience in the specific ICT domains as described below
- At least 3 years’ experience with VMWare version V6;
- In depth knowledge of server virtualization software (VMware vSphere, VMware ESX) and server clustering techniques (VMware);
- Able to interpret capacity/performance numbers/reports based on the usage of a VMware environment and act accordingly to improve/optimize performance.
- In depth knowledge, to support, install and design VMWare environments;
- In depth knowledge of VMware virtual networking and understanding how to design/implement/adapt.
- Able to configure identity and access management (Windows Active Directory and LDAP) and centralized IT security policy management;
- Linux Redhat (preferable knowledge)
- The candidate must have good interpersonal skills and must be a team player
Work shifts of 8 hours covering the time range between 08h30 and 18h30 from Monday to Friday with some flexibility required when overtime is exceptionally needed.
On-site customer’s DC premises in Strasbourg, France and/or Sankt Johann in Pongau, Austria (no remote work is allowed)
Start date : 15.07.2020 - End date : 30.04.2021 (with possible extension)
- The opportunity to have a meaningful job where you can make a difference
- A permanent contract and a new challenge which will certainly give you pleasure and a lot of experience
- A great team to support you and share a lot of knowledge and funny moment
- A personal coaching and the development of your professional and personal skills
- We guarantee remuneration in line with your experience and other extras
- We offer a permanent position and an international working environment
Interested to know more? Apply immediately via our web form and send us your resume!
Click below to apply