Vmware Architect - Cloud Automation & Containers
We are looking for a Vmware Architect - Cloud Automation & Containers who will be part of the team responsible for designing and delivering creative cloud solutions.
The duties will include designing, building, and automating resilient, and secure private cloud solutions, as well as migrations of existing workloads to clouds. In this role, you will build, and is responsible for the primary services needed to meet the full lifecycle of containers and ease consumption of those services.
You will design, build, elaborate and perform several functions from VMware/Pivotal bosh operations and Kubernetes Container Platforms. Additionally you participate in the design, the development and improvement of the current vRO workflows developed on VMware vRealize Automation and Orchestration products and design and implement version control using branching strategies as part of a new Continous Integration and Continous Deployment strategy.
- Facilitates the cloud lifecycle aligning to Agile, DevOps and ITIL
- Lead the cloud automation architecture and set strategic direction
- Transforms the organization by leveraging and enabling software defined toolsets predicated on continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD/CMP) such as: vRA, Ansible
- Design and drives end-to-end executable technology into a reusable code/template and multi-cloud model while promoting agility and ease-of-use
- Provides expertise in the areas of cloud automation and CI/CD to determine technical requirements, feasibility, performance and engineering to establish modern and comprehensive solutions supporting multi-cloud, edge, and cloud application platforms that meet customer use cases
- Implements/integrates cloud automation solutions that address cloud security and compliance fundamentals, deployment automation, and elasticity of environments
- Works closely with other technology teams to identify dependencies and collaboration needs
- Act as a subject matter expert in end-to-end cloud architecture
- Be comfortable in designing complete multi-cloud, edge, and cloud native architectures, mapping from platform components to the nuts and bolts of operations and infrastructure layers
- Be a thought leader on VMware SDDC products
- Understand how to position the latest cloud capabilities as they relate to multi-cloud, edge, and cloud native trends relevant to VMware
- Work with SREs, Architects with various technical titles to influence them on how they can improve the cloud architecture designs and integrate those into cloud or container automation & management systems
- Understand the various cloud architecture standards pertaining to security and data sensitivity
- Design, implement and operate automated, container services platform, API’s and other tooling
- When necessary, participate in technical troubleshooting, root cause analysis, and remediation efforts.
- Drive initiatives across organization boundaries as required to ensure availability of underlying infrastructure, CI/CD tooling, and cybersecurity services as required in support of container platform service requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Extensive experience: Cloud architectures, IaaS, PaaS, Kubernetes, SDDC, SDN, IT Automated Delivery, and Data Center, DevOps, TOGAF, ITIL and Agile process methodologies
- Demonstrated experience providing architectural leadership integrating Kubernetes into large enterprises in a manner that is easily consumable by development teams as a highly automated and resilient service.
- Experience working with container build and runtime technologies.
- Hands on experience deploying and supporting Kubernetes on at least one IaaS provider.
- Experience building and supporting distributed computing environments.
- Robust proficiency in Linux and/or Windows systems
- Strong understanding: virtual computing environments and concepts such as hypervisors, virtual switches, vCPU, and load balancing concepts. TCP/IP network concepts including bridging, switching, routing & DNS. Continuous integration concepts and tooling, preferably with hands on experience designing or implementing portions of CI/CD pipelines, and integrating such pipelines with source code and container image scans etc.
- Experience: designing and implementing containerized infrastructure logging and observability technologies, such as Splunk, Prometheus, Grafana, Wavefront.
- Demonstrated understanding of Cybersecurity threats, mitigating controls, Public Key Infrastructure. Experience with cert-manager on Kubernetes is a plus.
- Experience implementing automated software, cloud integration, designing, building, and implementing API gateways and micro-services architectures
Must have Skills:
- Deep skills with VMware vRealize suite (vRA/vRO) and Custom Workflow Development
- Version control with in depth experience with merging, rebasing and branching.
- Experience architecting, implementing, and maintaining Kubernetes cluster deployments with a preference for experience with vendor supported variants such as VMware PKS/TKGI or IBM/Redhat OpenShift.
- Experience in design, setup, jobs and release pipelines using Jenkins.
- Understanding of Agile Methodologies.
- REST API, HTTPS authentication design and service consumption.
The following Soft skills are also expected:
- Fluent in English (written and spoken) is essential
Click below to apply