Senior Python Developer
Posted 4 Days ago
We are currently looking for a senior Python developer to work on CMDB webservices related projects.
The role is part of a team of technical architects and service architects under the responsibility of the Lead Architect; this team designs hosting services for Database, Middleware, BI, web servers, that are consumed by application owners in various policy domains.
Tasks and responsibilities:
The CMDB webservices developer works on the abstraction layer for our CMDB inventory system, containing half a million configuration items. It is composed of:
- a Redis in-memory cache of those items;
- logic to synchronise this cache with the actual CMDB;
- webservices allowing our automation pipelines to create, modify, consult inventory information. This is a central component of our IT hosting services. The CMDB webservices developer analyses the business needs for new methods to be created, estimates the effort, implements the webservices, tests, and pushes them to our operations team for release.
Required Experience and Education:
- Advanced skills in Python development with at least 6 years of experience.
- Advanced knowledge of webservices implementation, testing and troubleshooting.
- CMDB/CMS or other relational inventory solutions.
- Automation with Ansible, Jenkins.
- API and web services.
- Task follow-up tools such as Jira.
- ITIL Foundation certified or equivalent experience.
- Ability to work and communicate in a multi-cultural environment with a service-oriented mind-set.
- Initiative, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Fluency in English (written and spoken) is essential. Any other European language is an asset.
Click below to apply