Senior Windows Administrator
ABAKUS IT-SOLUTIONS is looking for a Senior Windows Administrator.
The Windows operational team is responsible for the life cycle of the Windows servers at the operating system level.
The Windows operational team is responsible to provide a customer service as described in the Datacenter Service Catalog. Most of these services are automated, the team must make sure the automation is running well and efficiently and also make proposals to improve it.
The Windows operational team is responsible for the management of the System Center suite that is the core component of our daily activities: SCCM, SCOM, Orchestrator.
There are a broad range of activities performed within the Windows team to ensure the quality delivery of each individual service. Below you will find an overall picture of the most common activities:
- Installation of Windows servers
- Monitoring of Windows servers health (OS and hardware)
- Service requests follow-up and fulfilment
- Incident follow-up and resolution
- Participation in Problem Management, both in proactive and reactive situations.
- Analysis, planning and implementation of standard and complex changes, post implementation review controls
- Creation and improvement of Standard Operational Procedures
- Evolution of the monitoring tools, and creation and adaptation of policy checks
- Creation and maintenance of installation scripts and automation processes
- Create and manage workflows with Microsoft Orchestrator
- Development of policies and service catalogue of the team, management of service delivery and KPIs, continuous improvement
- Documentation management
- Involvements in customer projects
- Oncall service provided 24/7
Professional skills :
- Daily operations support of Enterprise SCCM Infrastructure,
- Create and distribute applications, collections, custom reports within SCCM system.
- Troubleshoot and remediate all failed SCCM deployments, client errors.
- Administer the SCCM tool set back end to ensure the system is performing as designed and optimum health based on Microsoft SCCM guidelines
- Maintain SCCM core components, settings and software application delivery.
- Manage and administer SCCM client health including processes ensuring client communication’s
- Efficiently execute product installations, product upgrades, patch installations and hot fix installations.
- Maintain and recommend maintenance window guidelines based on customer needs, best practices and industry / Microsoft proven methodology.
- Handle system imaging, application packaging and testing
- Analyzes, logs, tracks and resolves software/hardware matters issues.
- Monitors to isolate and diagnose common system problems; documents system events to ensure continuous functioning. Recommends course of action and implements as approved.
- Implementing notifications, subscriptions and alerting mechanisms
- Resolving incidents
- Implementing and modifying management packs
- Implementing performance captures
- Perform administrative tasks and maintenance plans for the entire System Center Operations Manager infrastructure.
- Create and maintain monitoring and notification rules.
- Audit and scope customer access to SCOM alerts and data.
- Create reports on results of SCOM monitoring, using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) technology.
Technical Knowledge and certifications :
- Windows 2008/2012/2016 Administration
- Working knowledge of Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft System Center Operations Manager (SCOM)
- Working knowledge of Windows-based Servers, Operating systems, and Monitoring Software
- Working knowledge of SQL is an asset
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Orchestrator is an asset
- Ability to work in team-oriented environment.
- Interpersonal and communication skills, to navigate and manage customer expectations
- Daily operational activities e.g. back-up control, other control activities
- Working in shifts and oncall support
- Experience using the Microsoft Windows PowerShell scripting engine to automate tasks with SCOM & SCCM
Successful candidate must work independently and in a team environment to maintain and troubleshoot the Windows infrastructure.
Additionally, demonstrate ownership and responsibility in all assignments to include incident management system queues, Effective communication all assignment details verbally and in writing with Manager, team members and outside where required.
Click below to apply