IT Monitoring Administrator - Dynatrace
Posted 3 Weeks ago
Looking for a IT Monitoring Administrator to support the planning, architecture, analysis, design, implementation, administration, and operations of Monitoring solution.
As team member the IT Monitoring Administrator cooperates with various IT departments to operate, administrate, produce and document monitoring (server & application).
The IT Monitoring Administrator member operates, implements and maintains monitoring technology in a 24x7 enterprise production environment.
Operation, administration and integration of supervisory solutions based mainly on the Dynatrace tool by adapting the configurations according to the situation.
The key accountabilities for this role are:
- Meet with application, service operation teams, developers, network/systems engineers, system administrators, and DBAs to collect monitoring requirements.
- From a broad selection of monitoring tools, conceptualize, develop, and implement vendor or custom monitoring solutions to ensure system functions at peak performance.
- Identify, analyse, architect, and test enhancements or bug fixes to the current systems management infrastructure to meet changing requirements and increase productivity.
- Analyse processes to establish technical guidelines and standards for systems monitoring.
- Provide administrative support for configuration and proper operation of monitoring tools used by Ops teams.
- Create documentation and formalize procedures pertaining to the operation of the servers, and applications.
- Consults with and provides recommendations to other Ops teams (application / network /system / DBA / security).
- Administration of Monitoring platform
- Insure availability of monitoring solution (monitoring, alerting) in 24/7 mode (oncall)
- Handle daily operation activities (requests, changes and incidents)
- insure that requests and incidents are resolved within agreed KPI
- Incident management: Responsible for informing incident manager, system and application owners of none completeness and/or none accuracy, critical error detected by the monitoring solution on regular basis.
- Respond to technical support tickets for Monitoring features and configuration
- Help service owners translate business needs into monitoring solution
- Configure monitoring solution to deliver alerts
- Deploy in production & administrate monitoring tools on the existing perimeter
- Setup test & validation of new applications (release, patch)
- Maintain documentation (how-to, normalization, installation)
(*)Participation in project and customer and technical team training:
- Participate in monitoring technical projects
- If necessary, provide training and support to application owners and technical team to enable them to respond to all data and quality standards.
- If necessary, assist / support service owner to develop their internal process to ensure detection of error and proactive.
Ideal candidate (Essential Skills & Technologies):
Knowledge in Supervision (3 years minimum / operation, administration and implementation) :
- Event management (BEM or HPOV or TIVOLI), Patrol, TMART, AppVisibility, Application performance monitoring ( APM dynatrace) PM MRL, KM (Oracle, WebLogic, Unix, etc..).
- Knowledge in CMDB (administration and implementation) is a plus : BMC Remedy 9.xxx good knowledge, IA Atrium Integrator, understanding of logical and physical data models.
- Comprehensive understanding of relational database (primary / foreign relations, etc.).
- Capable to formulate (in writing) and execute SQL queries on the Oracle database.
- Capable to recognize and automate the loading of data / update activities.
System : Linux / Unix and additionally Windows is a plus.
Scripting: at least one of the programming languages : Shell (like ksh, bash) and PowerShell is a plus.
Ticketing Tools: SMT HP Service Manager.
ITIL certified or relevant experience/knowledge.
English fluently spoken and written.
- Ability to supervise and work simultaneously on different activities with a variety of projects and short deadlines.
- Good analytical skills as well as time management skills, interpersonal and communication skills (written, verbal and presentation skills).
- Autonomous and energetic.
- Team player.
EU Citizenship is mandatory.
Click below to apply