Mainframe System Engineer
Posted 1 Week ago
As part of a storage migration project Z13 to Z15 migration, we are looking for a mainframe system engineer Consultant, speaking French & English fluent.
Your main responsibilities
• Z/OS support including problem analysis and resolution;
• Provide technical support of the mainframe infrastructure to provide high quality customer service and meet SLA expectations. Respect of ITIL processes;
• Collaborate and liaise with other teams and serve as a technical resource and subject matter expert;
• Open cases with HW & SW suppliers, follow-up of cases;
• Significant involvement in managing storage & backup policies;
• Significant involvement in upgrade of operating systems to new release and maintenance;
• Significant involvement in upgrade of third-party software products to new releases (DB/2, Datacom, CICS, Cobol, IBM MQ, IWS, …);
• Significant involvement.
• Fluent in French and English too.;
• You have good technical skills in:
- z/OS system installation, maintenance, tuning and monitoring;
- z/OS major functions/facilities (JES/2, DFSMS, SMP/E, USS) : installation, management, tuning;
- z/Series related hardware (z13 CPU, OSA, SAN, storage EMC) config design & architecture;
- z/OS backup & recovery scenarios (DFHSM, ISMF);
- Security management (RACF).
• Is an asset if you have knowledge in:
- z/Series related storage (SAN switches, storage array, DLM);
- z/Series subsystems DB/2,Datacom, CICS, IMS, MQ, IWS;
- Automation OPS/MVS.
• You are available from 1st September.
Duration: 3 months eventually renewable.
Click below to apply