The installation and deployment of applications on servers and the implementation of his monitoring are your hobbies? Linux environment is a treasure map for you? We have your dream job!
As an ABAKUS IT-SOLUTIONS consultant, your mission is to provide our customers the IT comfort they deserve. The objective is to deploy that state of mind and that quality of services in all aspects of our activities being toward our clients or our employees or partners.
We’re looking for an experimented DevOps engineer to support our client in his daily activities in Brussels.
This function includes different tasks:
- Installation and deployment of applications on application servers in different environments (Acceptance and Production)
- Implement monitoring of the application in the different environments to ensure its availability
- Provide L1, L2 support and troubleshoot application as well as infrastructure issues
- Set up the monitoring scripts and automate the tasks performed by support team
- Send out the notifications to the users in case of Downtime during business hours
- Trigger investigations (registration of problems) in order to identify root causes and prevent potential impacts on the application.
- Create and maintain the tickets in our ticket system and follow ITIL best practices
- Create and update knowledge base for the known issues
The office is located in Brussels and remote work is possible.
Work shifts of 8 hours covering the time range between 08:00 am and 06:00 pm from Monday to Friday with some flexibility required when overtime is exceptionally needed.
- Bachelor or equivalent by experience
- Proved experience as devops engineer (at least 2 years)
- ITIL foundation certification is a plus
- Understanding of network protocols TCP/IP and HTTP
- Good knowledge of application servers (Tomcat/WEBLOGIC)
- Good knowledge of Database Management (MySQL, Oracle RDBMS)
- Good knowledge of JAVA, XML, Web services-SOAP and REST
- Very good experience with Linux environments scripting is mandatory; either Python or Shell
- Good understanding of Docker concepts
- Familiarity with the Azure cloud technologies is nice to have
- Like us, you have a passion for ICT and an urge to learn every day
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills, with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Client oriented, focused on client satisfaction and improvement of service
- Team work spirit and able to work in a matrix environment
- Can-do attitude, analytical and problem-solving mindsets, ability to take ownership
- Quality driven approach and pro-active attitude
- Able to deal with changes in organization, environment and tasks
- Willingness to learn
- Good Communication skills
- High proficiency in English
- Very good knowledge of French or Dutch is a must
- A permanent contract within our international structure
- A new challenge that will bring you its share of discovery, pleasure and experience
- Personalized coaching to allow the development of your technical and personal skills
- A dynamic team to support you, share new knowledge and fun moments
- A remuneration that suits you, optimized and in line with your experience
- The possibility of integrating a human society where everyone can participate concretely in the common project
Curious to know more? Apply for this job and we will have the opportunity to discuss it!
Click below to apply