You like to analyse users stories and translate them into conceptual model. You are able to use UML Modelling tools and like to work in an agile way? This job is for you!
The analyst will be involved in all aspects of the product lifecycle: gathering business process definitions and requirements from the business users, designing functional and technical solution specifications, creating test scenarios and assisting users in the user acceptance testing (UAT) as well as providing end user support. The functional analyst will also be responsible to analyse the different types of support and actively propose solutions to reduce it.
- Actively participate in an agile development team using scrum
- Collaborate with the team to break down a business requirement into estimated user stories, refine them to tasks and deliver user stories within a sprint
- Analyse user stories and translate them into the most appropriate conceptual model, while respecting the existing architecture and systems
- Analyse, understand and document business requirements or problems.
- Analyse existing documentation and gather information from within the Project Team and from the business.
- Take initiatives for meetings with the business and the team and be responsible for the follow up.
- Create business process and functional system documentation using UML-artifacts (use case diagrams, activity diagrams, information models,...)
- Create and execute test scenarios on different levels (component, system, UAT)
- Assist the users during the execution of user acceptance tests
- Provide support to end-users on (critical) production systems
- Analyse the support work and propose improvements to reduce the amount of support
- Raise impediments to the scrum master in time
- Review functional documentation of peers
- Fluency in the use of the following tools:
- UML modeling tools (e.g. Sparx Enterprise Architect)
- Agile software development tools (e.g. MS Visual Studio Team System)
- Documentation / Communication tools (e.g. Microsoft Office)
- Knowledge of relational databases and being able to write database queries in both Oracle and SQL
- Experience working in agile software development teams
- Analytical and synthesizing skills to clearly define problems and requirements and determine solutions for them that suit with controllable impact on mission-critical applications.
- Knowledge of UML modelling language
- Knowledge of GUI design and user-friendliness oriented design
- Team player: being flexible to help the team achieve its goals
- High communication skills => Ability to communicate the semantics of formal and precise models to users in a digestible form
- Goal directed attitude: focus on delivering the planned user stories
- Pragmatic approach: talking to people and taking action to solve problems
- Improvement-minded: propose new improvement ideas during the sprint retrospectives
- Ability to adapt in an ever-changing environment
- Ability to advise stakeholders on different possible solutions
- Lifelong learner (e.g. new business processes, ways of working together or technical matters)
- Ability to fluently communicate in Dutch (spoken) or French (spoken) and English (spoken and written)
- A permanent contract within our international structure
- A new challenge that will bring you its share of discovery, pleasure and experience
- Personalized coaching to allow the development of your technical and personal skills
- A dynamic team to support you, share new knowledge and fun moments
- A remuneration that suits you, optimized and in line with your experience
- The possibility of integrating a human society where everyone can participate concretely in the common project
Click below to apply