Cloud Automation Architect - vRA / vRO
Posted 2 Weeks ago
The Cloud Automation Architect will be part of the team responsible for designing and delivering creative cloud solutions.
The Cloud Automation Architect will be part of the team responsible for designing and delivering creative cloud solutions. The duties will include designing, building, and automating resilient, and secure private cloud solutions, as well as migrations of existing workloads to clouds. In this role, he/she will drive the design, the development and improvement of the current vRO workflows developed on VMware vRealize Automation and Orchestration products and design and implement version control using branching strategies as part of a new Continous Integration and Continous Deployment strategy. The Cloud Automation Architect will serve as a lead to support the current Cloud teams to maintain the Private Cloud environments involving development, debugging and improvement of new or existing vRO workflows and vRA forms.
• Facilitates the cloud lifecycle aligning to Agile, DevOps and ITIL with a strong metrics and analytical mindset to drive automation and self-service technology.
• Lead the cloud automation architecture and set strategic direction to ensure that technology automation and orchestration is in alignment with business strategies, capabilities, and platform governance.
• Transforms the organization by leveraging and enabling software defined toolsets predicated on continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD/CMP) such as: vRA, Ansible.
• Design and drives end-to-end executable technology into a reusable code/template and multi-cloud model while promoting agility and ease-of-use.
• Provides expertise in the areas of cloud automation to determine technical requirements, feasibility, and performance.
• Implements/integrates cloud automation solutions that address cloud security and compliance fundamentals, deployment automation, and elasticity of environments.
• Works closely with other technology teams to identify dependencies and collaboration needs.
• Act as a subject matter expert in end-to-end cloud architecture.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
• Extensive experience across Cloud architectures, IaaS, PaaS, Kubernetes, SDDC, SDN, IT Automated Delivery, and Data Center.
• Extensive experience with DevOps, TOGAF, ITIL and Agile process methodologies.
• Strong experience with CI/CD pipeline tools such as Jenkins.
• Experience implementing automated software and cloud integration.
• Experience designing, building, and implementing API gateways and micro-services architectures.
• Familiar with secure code methodologies.
• Knowledge of ITIL functions and processes.
• Participate in the integration with collaborative tools and components.
• Maintain documentation for all operational / support processes for the systems supported; automate repetitive processes where appropriate.
• Stay current with new technologies and techniques as appropriate.
Must have skills:
• Deep skills with VMware vRealize suite (vRA/vRO) and Custom Workflow Development.
• Version control with in depth experience with merging, rebasing and branching.
• Experience in design, setup, jobs and release pipelines using Jenkins.
• Understanding of Agile Methodologies.
• REST API, HTTPS authentication design and service consumption.
A plus if you have:
• Worked with VMware tools to setup rules and release pipelines for Continuous Deployment.
• Knowledge in Firewall, Switch and Loadbalancer concepts including VMware NSX and software
• Container design and deployment with technologies like Docker, Kubernetes.
Fluency in English is mandatory.
Active since 1991, ABAKUS IT-SOLUTIONS is present in the public and private sectors, People-focused and supported by a motivated and caring team. ABAKUS is based in Belgium, the Grand Duchy of Luxemburg and Germany to reach further and further in the heart of Europe. IT service is our business. IT comfort is our specialty.
Click below to apply