VMWare Cloud Automation Architect - vRA / vRO
The Cloud Automation Architect will be part of the team responsible for designing and delivering creative cloud solutions.
The VMWare Architect will be part of the team responsible for designing and delivering creative cloud solutions. The duties will include designing, building, and automating resilient, and secure private cloud solutions, as well as migrations of existing workloads to clouds. In this role he/she will build and is responsible for the primary services needed to meet the full lifecycle of containers and ease consumption of those services.
The VMWare architect will design, build, elaborate and perform several functions from VMware/Pivotal bosh operations and Kubernetes Container Platforms, client onboarding, upgrades, research and experiment with new container-related technologies to support identified feature needs, iteratively improve service stability/availability, and improve customer experience.
Additionally he/she will participate in the design, the development and improvement of the current vRO workflows developed on VMware vRealize Automation and Orchestration products and design and implement version control using branching strategies as part of a new Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment strategy.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Facilitates the cloud lifecycle aligning to Agile, DevOps and ITIL with a strong metrics and analytical mindset to drive automation and self-service technology.
- Lead the cloud automation architecture and set strategic direction to ensure that technology automation and orchestration is in alignment with business strategies, capabilities, and platform governance.
- Transforms the organization by leveraging and enabling software defined toolsets predicated on continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD/CMP) such as: vRA, Ansible.
- Design and drives end-to-end executable technology into a reusable code/template and multi-cloud model while promoting agility and ease-of-use.
- Provides expertise in the areas of cloud automation and CI/CD to determine technical requirements, feasibility, performance and engineering to establish modern and comprehensive solutions supporting multi-cloud, edge, and cloud application platforms that meet customer use cases.
- Implements/integrates cloud automation solutions that address cloud security and compliance fundamentals, deployment automation, and elasticity of environments.
- Act as a subject matter expert in end-to-end cloud architecture.
- Be a thought leader on VMware SDDC products.
- Understand how to position the latest cloud capabilities as they relate to multi-cloud, edge, and cloud native trends relevant to VMware.
- Design, implement and operate automated, container services platform with a focus on application concerns, including migrating workloads to containers, containerizing development workflows, high availability, networking policy, service routing, observability, integrating with shared enterprise services, integrating container platforms with automated continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD) pipelines, and platform security.
- When necessary, participate in technical troubleshooting, root cause analysis, and remediation efforts.
- Drive initiatives across organization boundaries as required to ensure availability of underlying infrastructure, CI/CD tooling, and cybersecurity services as required in support of container platform service requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Extensive experience across Cloud architectures, IaaS, PaaS, Kubernetes, SDDC, SDN, IT Automated Delivery, and Data Center.
- Extensive experience with DevOps, TOGAF, ITIL and Agile process methodologies.
- Deep skills with VMware vRealize suite (vRA/vRO) and Custom Workflow Development.
- Version control with in depth experience with merging, rebasing and branching.
- Experience architecting, implementing, and maintaining Kubernetes cluster deployments with a preference for experience with vendor supported variants such as VMware PKS/TKGI or IBM/Redhat OpenShift.
- Experience in design, setup, jobs and release pipelines using Jenkins.
- REST API, HTTPS authentication design and service consumption.
- Fluent in Virtualisation, VMware SDDC stack, knowledge in Network security/Firewall, Switch and Loadbalancer concepts including VMware NSX.
- General understanding of distributed systems architectures, challenges and design implications.
Click below to apply