Posted 3 Days ago
Do you have experience in the virtualisation field? Do you want to work in Luxembourg on a large-scale VMWare environment? We are currently looking for both a junior and a senior VMWare administrator!
The VMWare Administrator is the main operational role for the provision of the operational services. He/She is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of datacenter environment, hardware, software and related infrastructure. He/She participates in technical research and development to enable continuous innovation within the infrastructure. He/She also participates in projects to warrant a smooth transition of projects into daily operations by performing activities linked to operations within the project life-cycle.
Tasks and responsibilities
There are a broad range of activities performed within the Virtualization service to ensure the quality delivery of each individual service. Below are the most common activities:
• Install, configure and maintain the vSphere infrastructure.
• Monitoring of hardware, hypervisor and related services.
• Service requests follow-up and fulfilment.
• Incident follow-up and resolution.
• Participation in Problem Management, both in proactive and reactive situations.
• Analysis, planning and implementation of standard and complex changes, post implementation review controls.
• Creation and improvement of Standard Operational Procedures.
• Evolution of the monitoring tools, and creation and adaptation of policy checks.
• Creation and maintenance of installation scripts and automation processes.
• Create and manage workflows with vRealize orchestrator.
• Development of policies and service catalogue of the team, management of service delivery and KPIs, continuous improvement.
• Documentation management.
- You have at least 3-5 years of experience in VMware domain within a large environment;
- You own an university degree or equivalent level through experience and professional training;
- You possess the ability and willingness to quickly learn new technologies, capable of self-study;
- In addition to your strong communication skills, you are structured, process minded and able to maintain the high level overview;
- You are fluent in English (at least B2 Level). French is considered as an asset;
- You can work independently and can manage your time;
- You are eager to work in a dynamic multi-national environment with a strong customer focus.
Good knowledge in the following tools is required:
• vCenter Server 6.7.
• ESXi 6.0 – 6.7.
• VSAN 6.x.
• VMware vRealize Operations (vROps).
• VMware vCenter Orchestrator (vRO ).
• HP servers : Proliant G9 – G10.
• IBM servers.
• LENOVO servers.
Knowledge in the following tools/environments is considered as an asset:
• Network NSX.
• Storage SAN - NFS.
Click below to apply