Senior Unix Administrator
We are currently looking for a Senior Unix Administrator to support the business in achieving its objectives.
The Unix Administrator is the main operational role for the provision of the Unix operational services. He/She is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of datacenter environment hardware and software and related infrastructure. He/she participates in technical reviews and development to enable continual innovation within the infrastructure and in projects ensuring a smooth transition of projects into daily operations by performing activities linked to operations within the project life-cycle.
The person has at least 5-8 years of professional experience on Linux (ideally RedHat Enterprise Linux), within large-scale Data Centre environments. You are comfortable with most aspects of administration of systems (LVM, process management, resources, file manipulation…). You are able to write automation solutions in some language (Python, Ansible, Bash, Perl).
You will have the responsibility of the day-to-day infrastructure operations, incidents resolution and problems identification.
- Infrastructure monitoring, availability testing and reporting.
- Implements standard changes and service requests.
- Documentation management.
- On-call service.
You have extensive understanding of most of the technical aspects & concepts, extensive knowledge on protocols (HTTP, DNS, NTP, SMTP) and knowledge network OSI model. In addition to your strong communication skills, you are structured, process minded and able to maintain the high level overview. Ability and willingness to quickly learn new technologies, capable of self-study and work independently
- ITIL knowledge.
- Tools: GIT/GitLab, Jenkins, RedHat Satellite, Kickstart.
- Nagios/Icinga2 knowledge or any other similar monitoring tool.
- Any cluster-based knowledge.
- VMWare knowledge.
- Any automated configuration management tool like CFEngine, Ansible.
- University degree or equivalent level through experience and professional training;
- Fluent in English (at least B2 Level).
- Eager to work in a dynamic multi-national environment with a strong customer focus;
Click below to apply