Posted 1 Week ago
We are currently looking for a “Unix Architect for Luxemburg” to support the business in achieving its objectives.
We are currently looking for a “Unix Architect” to support the business in achieving its objectives.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Provide Senior Level Unix Systems Server systems setup, administration, configurations, and automated implementations.
- Help support UNIX environments services and resources for optimal efficiency, functionality, security and management.
- Oversee planning, design, implementation, and operation of Client Blade servers, infrastructure projects and participate in the specification of business requirements and implementation plans.
- Evaluate, implement, and administer highly available infrastructure for servers and web services. Provide operational support and experience with managing the virtualized infrastructures.
- Participate in Capacity planning and Disaster Recovery
- Help define, improve promote architecture and standards based on ITIL best practices
- Assist and support all Development and troubleshoot complex application issues
- Provide on-site and remote technical assistance to other resources and to customers
- Provide infrastructure design, implementation planning, deployment support, software strategy, system troubleshooting, performance engineering and optimization, maintenance strategy.
- Provide technical guidance, knowledge transfer and mentorship to internal engineering peers as required and lead technical staff responsibilities.
- Drive requirements and technical due-diligence and infrastructure design.
- Secures server systems by establishing and enforcing policies, defining and monitoring access.
- Accomplishes information systems and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Acting as the primary infrastructure design, contact on projects- Providing leadership, advice on Linux and UNIX based systems.
Technical and Soft Skills:
- Knowledge and understanding of IT industry environment and business needs
- Strong in-depth product knowledge of the Application/Workload
- Strong Knowledge of the Applications licensing model
- A strong business and commercial orientation and with a supporting strategic thinking ability
- A balanced business and technology savvy and a strong understanding of both applications and infrastructure
- Interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and maintain strong stakeholder relationships
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- The ability to work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders to ensure that the solution leads to business transformation
- Excellent consulting skills and the ability to recognise opportunities for future business within an account
- Assertive in approach coupled with confidence in area of expertise
- Ability to focus on detail with an understanding of how it impacts the business strategically
- Technical knowledge and certifications: REDHAT – Satellite – Cfengine – Solaris – Ansible - Linux Clustering – DNS – Python - PERL
- EU citizenship
Click below to apply