We are currently looking for a “Unix Architect for Luxemburg” to support the business in achieving its objectives.
The Unix architect is responsible to design new solutions, from different vendors, and to improve in place solutions to answer business needs including all the aspect of the service such as availability requirement, confidentiality requirement. Working close to the customer, the Unix architect is responsible to define project scope, understand the business needs of the customer, design solutions, write architecture documentations. Working close to the operational team, he is responsible to transition and hand over infrastructure. Keeping in mind that automation is a gaol in every projects, the architect should deliver the first automation of the service.
Tasks and responsibilities:
The Unix Architect provide senior level unix systems server setp, administration, configurations, and automated implementations. The others tasks are:
- Help support UNIX environments services and resources for optimal efficiency, functionality, security and management.
- Oversee planning, design, implementation, and operation of Client Blade servers, infrastructure projects and participate in the specification of business requirements and implementation plans.
- Evaluate, implement, and administer highly available infrastructure for servers and web services. Provide operational support and experience with managing the virtualized infrastructures.
- Participate in Capacity planning and Disaster Recovery
- Help define, improve promote architecture and standards based on ITIL best practices
- Assist and support all Development and troubleshoot complex application issues
- Provide on-site and remote technical assistance to other resources and to customers
- Provide infrastructure design, implementation planning, deployment support, software strategy, system troubleshooting, performance engineering and optimization, maintenance strategy.
- Provide technical guidance, knowledge transfer and mentorship to internal engineering peers as required and lead technical staff responsibilities.
- Drive requirements and technical due-diligence and infrastructure design.
- Secures server systems by establishing and enforcing policies, defining and monitoring access.
- Accomplishes information systems and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Acting as the primary infrastructure design, contact on projects- Providing leadership, advice on Linux and UNIX based systems.
Technical and Soft Skills:
The person will have good knowledge and understanding of IT Industry environment and business needs.
- Strong in-depth product knowledge of the Application/Workload
- Strong Knowledge of the Applications licensing model
- A strong business and commercial orientation and with a supporting strategic thinking ability
- A balanced business and technology savvy and a strong understanding of both applications and infrastructure
- Interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and maintain strong stakeholder relationships
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- The ability to work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders to ensure that the solution leads to business transformation
- Excellent consulting skills and the ability to recognise opportunities for future business within an account
- Assertive in approach coupled with confidence in area of expertise
- Ability to focus on detail with an understanding of how it impacts the business strategically
- Technical knowledge and certifications: REDHAT – Satellite – Cfengine – Solaris – Ansible - Linux Clustering – DNS – Python - PERL
Click below to apply