Service Operations Manager
The Service Operations Manager manages overall operations and is responsible for the effective and successful management of the work, productivity and quality as established and set for the Operations team ensuring efficient operations.
The Service Operations Manager is service oriented striving in delivering exceptional customer service. He is responsible for both efficient day-to-day operations and thought leadership on strategy that optimize the support model. He provides customer and staff with global technical support and is responsible for managing daily technical operations while ensuring overall efficiency.
The Service Operations Manager oversees the work of the staff, providing guidance, supervision, and discipline as needed whilst developing IT processes and developing the organisations’ Service Operations. He is expected to collect and analyse metrics, provide reports regularly, and routinely assess the efficiency, effectiveness, and technical proficiency of the support team.
In his role, he is also responsible for the implementation of effective and efficient activities to deliver projects in accordance with project scope and operational constrains. He provides support services to the project managers by coordinating the project implementation. The Service Operations Manager defines and ensures all project related operational documents, (operational readiness, change management, implementation approach, deliverables and acceptance testing criteria).
- Ability to effectively communicate with employees and customers, both in a one-on-one and group setting.
- Strong organization skills and internal drive to see tasks through to completion.
- Understanding of policy, planning, and strategy.
- Experience managing Service Support team
- Experience working within ITIL frameworks
- Ability to create implement and Service Operation processes and procedures
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Desire to add value to service support team
- Ability to address problems.
- Project management experience
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Overall responsibility for the Operations
- Coordinate the implementation of IT projects and maintain Operational readiness
- Maintain constant communication with management and staff to ensure proper projects implementation and operations
- Develop, implement, and maintain quality assurance protocols
- Grow the efficiency of existing Service Management processes and procedures to enhance and sustain the Ops team capacity
- Actively pursue strategic and operational objectives and Ensure operational activities remain on time
- Manage ongoing technical incidents, requests, problems and changes and act as a point of escalation
- Track staffing requirements, hiring new employees as needed
- Lead and manage Operational service management processes and metrics, such as Incident, Request, Problem, Change, Release, Configuration, etc.
- Lead and manage the capacity management and life cycle management
- Central point of contact for the customer for their Operational support needs
- Lead and manage Operational SLA and performance (Incident, Request, Problem, Change)
- Lead and manage system outages and Ensure quick and efficient support
- Analyse project implementation metrics, activities and team Capacity
- Produce and present status reports
- Accountable to maintain the infrastructure secure, compliant, robust, reliable, scalable and efficient
- Plan and implement upgrades needed to maintain service levels.
- Ensure that systems, processes and methodologies are implemented
- Accountable to improve, tune and expand all systems as growth demands.
- Lead the Operational process of implementing project scopes, system designs, business and technology analysis, system development, and testing throughout the system’s lifecycle.
- Review progress, and direct changes in priorities, schedules, procedures to meet deadlines.
- Motivate staff by setting and achieving challenging goals; demonstrate persistence in overcoming obstacles.
- Lead change management and risk management, identifying appropriate resources and developing schedules to ensure timely project completion.
- Support standards, business continuity, and disaster recovery.
- Serves as a technology ambassador by establishing and providing proactive communication
- Be a visible leader
- Provide excellent customer service
- Build and Develop relationships with various teams and stakeholders
- Drive continuous improvement activity
- Provide input to strategy setting and decision-making processes.
- Perform any other duties as may be required
Click below to apply