Posted 2 Weeks ago
The Service Architect will be expected to be a key member of the team that designs hosting services for databases, middleware, business intelligence applications, and web servers that are used by application owners in a variety of strategic areas.
The service architects work on presenting our IT hosting services to our customers (service catalogue, requests in the customer portal), they coordinate delivery aspects with technical architects (back-end scripting, orchestration), modelling of the service in a CMDB and chargeback. They make sure that the services are presented in an ergonomic way and delivered in a timely and reproducible fashion.
In relationship with the technical architect for each of the technologies, they enforce a consistent interface to the services , as well as consistent and tested delivery models. They undertake Quality Assurance for the service before it is transitioned to the 24/7 operations teams. They investigate (in some technical detail) issues with our provisioning pipelines.
- Broad understanding of database and middleware functionality (any vendor or flavour)
- Automation with Ansible, Jenkins
- BPM or technical workflow engines
- CMDB/CMS or other relational inventory solutions
- API and web services
- Task follow-up tools such as Jira
- ITIL Foundation certified
- Ability to work and communicate in a multi-cultural environment
- Service-oriented mind-set
- Ability to communicate in writing and verbally in a clear and concise manner
- Initiative, accuracy and attention to detail
- Fluency in English (written and spoken) is essential. Any other European language is a plus
Click below to apply