Senior Storage and Backup Technical Administrator
Posted 2 Weeks ago
The Storage & Backup Engineer is a role that requires a good mix of technical skills and experience in technical support. He will provide technical expertise in storage engineering, backup administration, and operations.
The Storage & Backup Engineer is a role that requires a good mix of technical skills and experience in technical support. He will provide technical expertise in storage engineering, backup administration, and operations. The Storage & Backup Engineer will join a team of engineers who manage storage and backup solutions, and ensure proper configuration, availability, performance, capacity, and maintenance in the existing environment. With great interpersonal, organizational skills, he supports in many aspects the day-to-day service operations.
Role & Responsibilities:
• Configure, maintain and serve as primary administrator over a SAN/NAS based storage environment.
• Administer and configure Brocade Fibre Channel Directors/Switches.
• Create and maintain and technical documentation.
• Monitor, tune, and troubleshoot IO performance issues.
• Make architecture and performance recommendations.
• Oversee daily Backup activities.
• Collaborate with IT staff on storage & backup needs.
• Monitor and create Backup Jobs, and troubleshoot failures.
• Automate, administer, manage, run and make reliable processes.
• Identify and assess technical issues and risks.
• Perform other related duties and tasks as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience:
• Technical background, 5-10 years of professional relevant experience.
• Knowledge with Large Scale Storage Area Network Systems (Design, Build, Operate) e.g. Dell/EMC, NetApp, HDS, etc.
• Experience operating Storage Area Network (SAN), and Network Attached Storage (NAS) as well as migrating/consolidating SAN/NAS.
• Extensive Knowledge & Experience on CommVault Backup tool & administration.
• Fiber Channel switches Cisco and/or Brocade.
• NFS and Block Storage Experience.
• Experience with network switches, fiber channel and VLAN configuration.
• Providing 24X7 Support.
• Strong server platform knowledge in Window and Linux.
• Scripting knowledge e.g. Perl, Python, etc.
• Working project management knowledge, processes, and procedures.
• Ability to work and communicate in a multi-cultural environment.
• Service-oriented mind-set.
• Experience working in managed service environment.
• Expertise in Data Replication & Snapshot technologies.
• Participate in ad-hoc tasks as and when assigned.
• Self-driven and willingness to expand technical skill set.
• Ability to follow directions and apply proper policies, procedures and guidelines.
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, prioritize among competing needs, and respond quickly to requests for information.
Click below to apply