Posted 2 Months ago
The Architect is responsible for the definition of Monitoring architecture. The Architect will also assist project teams with technical issues including the definition of needs, benefits, and technical strategy, research & development within the project life cycle; technical analysis and design; and support of operations staff in executing, testing and rolling-out solutions.
- Design and review monitoring architecture
- Responsible for the evolution of the products, and the implementation of future versions
- Participate in the definition of procedures to be used by technical teams
- Impact assessment
- Provides technical lead for the SCOM and Nagios Monitoring technologies
- Capacity management for the monitoring tools
- Participate in the integration with collaborative tools and components
- Promote and follow prescribed project management guidelines for projects
- Maintain documentation for all operational / support processes for the systems supported; automate repetitive processes where appropriate
- Stay current with new technologies and techniques as appropriate
- BS/BA in Computer Science or related field or the equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 6 to 10 years of related work experience including solid exposure to enterprise architecture
- Proven experience in SCOM and Nagios.
- Ability to understand and design complex architecture for monitoring.
- Understanding of the monitored technologies like windows, Unix, Linux, storage bays, ... –
- Knowledge of OS (Windows/Unix) based infrastructure services, processing, monitoring, shell scripts, Perl, etc.… is considered as an asset.
- Proven experience programming languages is considered as an asset.
- Experience in application/network performance and availability monitoring
- Knowledge of ITIL functions and processes.
- Experience with administration methods, CMD, Console, WLST is considered as an asset.
- Ability to work and communicate in a multi-cultural environment.
- Service-oriented mind-set.
- Ability to communicate in writing and verbally in a clear and concise manner.
- Initiative, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Fluent in English (written and spoken) is essential. Any other European language is a plus.
Click below to apply