Junior Storage and Backup Technical Administrator
Posted 3 Days ago
Are you looking to further improve your skills in storage and backup technologies? Do you want to work in an international environment?
The Storage & Backup Administrator is a role that requires a good mix of technical skills and experience in technical support. He/She will provide technical expertise in storage engineering, backup administration, and operations. The Storage & Backup Engineer will join a team of engineers who manage storage and backup solutions, and ensure proper configuration, availability, performance, capacity, and maintenance in the existing environment.
- Configure, maintain and serve as primary administrator over a SAN/NAS based storage environment.
- Administer and configure Brocade Fibre Channel Directors/Switches.
- Create and maintain and technical documentation.
- Monitor, tune, and troubleshoot IO performance issues.
- Make architecture and performance recommendations.
- Oversee daily Backup activities.
- Collaborate with IT staff on storage & backup needs.
- Monitor and create Backup Jobs, and troubleshoot failures.
- Automate, administer, manage, run and make reliable processes.
- Identify and assess technical issues and risks.
- Perform other related duties and tasks as assigned.
- Technical background, 2-5 years of professional relevant experience.
- Knowledge with Large Scale Storage Area Network Systems (Design, Build, Operate) e.g. Dell/EMC, NetApp, HDS,..
- Experience operating Storage Area Network (SAN), and Network Attached Storage (NAS); as well as migrating/consolidating SAN/NAS.
- Knowledge & Experience on CommVault Backup tool & administration is considered as an asset.
- Fiber Channel switches Cisco and/or Brocade.
- NFS and Block Storage Experience.
- Experience with network switches, fiber channel and VLAN configuration.
- Providing 24X7 Support.
- Strong server platform knowledge in Window and Linux.
- Scripting knowledge e.g. Perl, Python,…
- Ability to work and communicate in a multi-cultural environment.
- Service-oriented mind-set.
- Expertise in Data Replication & Snapshot technologies.
- Participate in ad-hoc tasks as and when assigned.
- Self-driven and willingness to expand technical skill set.
- Ability to follow directions and apply proper policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, prioritize among competing needs, and respond quickly to requests for information.
Click below to apply