JEE (Weblogic & Tomcat) Technical Administrator
Posted 3 Months ago
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- The Technical Administrator is the main operational role for the provision of the operational services.
- The Technical Administrator is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance hosting infrastructures.
- He/she participates in technical research and development to enable continual innovation within the infrastructure.
- Participation in projects to warrant a smooth transition of projects into daily operations by performing activities linked to operations within the project life-cycle.
- Comfortable with most aspects of service operations on JEE (Weblogic & Tomcat)
- Has a solid understanding of most of the technical aspects and concepts on JEE (Weblogic & Tomcat)
- Solid understanding of the operational organisation of industrialised service delivery
- Ability to write scripts in some administrative language to automate operations (Perl, Python, a shell, Visual Basic)
- Day-to-day infrastructure operations
- Incidents resolution and problems identification
- Infrastructure monitoring, availability testing and reporting
- Implements standard changes and service requests
- Documentation management
- On-call service
Education and qualifications:
- University degree (BSc) in computer science, computer engineering or business administration or proven ability to perform the tasks commensurate with such a formal academic qualification
- Professional qualifications in Middleware environment: JEE (Weblogic & Tomcat) such as Oracle Weblogic Server 10.0/10.3/11g/12c Administration
Knowledge and skills:
- 3 years of professional experience for Junior Technical Administrator relevant to the duties, within large-scale Data Centre environments;
- Proven experience in Oracle/BEA Weblogic Administration;
- Proven experience/proper understanding of the Java EE philosophy (JEE, JSP, Servlets, EJBs, JMS…) is a must;
- Experience with administration of Oracle Fusion Middleware 11g like OSB or SOA would be considered as a major asset;
- Experience with various administration methods (Plain Console, Command-line, WLST / Oracle Management Server) would be considered as an asset;
- In depth knowledge of UNIX based infrastructure services (processing, monitoring, shell scripts, Perl, etc.…);
- Proven experience in Java programming language would be considered as an asset;
- Fluent in English;
- Knowledge of ITIL functions and processes (Service desk, Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management);
- Flexibility in time and adaptability to work activities (work in shifts and on-call);
- Team oriented (supportive, enthusiastic...);
- A solution driven attitude and customer oriented;
- Good communication skills;
- Contribute with improvement ideas and proposals.
- Ability to work in a sometimes-stressful environment.
Click below to apply