Deputy Lead Architect
Posted 3 Months ago
The role is part of our architecture team under the responsibility of the Lead Architect; this team designs hosting services for Database, Middleware, BI, web servers, that are consumed by application owners in various policy domains.
The role is part of our architecture team under the responsibility of the Lead Architect; this team designs hosting services for Database, Middleware, BI, web servers, that are consumed by application owners in various policy domains. The team has grown a lot in the last 3 years and the Lead Architect needs a deputy.
The Deputy Lead Architect oversees and coordinates the work of the architecture team (35 people) in collaboration with the lead architect. This comprises:
- Working with the 5 service architects to guarantee consistent IT services for our customers: service catalogue, portal, orchestration, inventory, quality assurance, transition to 24/7 operations teams
- Working with the 30 technical architects on their projects and activities to make sure the technical designs are aligned with customer needs and internal guidelines. Offer guidance and foster collaboration between people.
- Help to handle the relations of the architecture team with the rest of our teams: operations, development, testing, etc. A total of 140 people works in our managed service.
- Help to handle the relations of the architecture team with our customer (15 persons) in the context of projects or change management.
- Take part in recruitment, performance evaluation and other HR topics.
- Broad understanding of database and middleware functionality (any vendor or flavor)
- Broad understanding of systems, network, and storage
- Experience with enterprise architecture
- Experience with automation projects
- ITIL Foundation certified
- Ansible, Jenkins
- BPM or technical workflow engines
- CMDB/CMS or other relational inventory solutions
- TOGAF certified
- Task follow-up tools such as Jira
- Experience with AWS
- Ability to work and communicate in a multi-cultural environment
- Ability to guide people, understand concerns and address them, de-fuse tense situations
- Service-oriented mind-set
- Ability to communicate in writing and verbally in a clear and concise manner
- Initiative, accuracy and attention to detail
- Fluency in English (written and spoken) is essential. Any other European language is a plus
- At least 10 years of experience working in at least one large-scale IT environment as a technical architect, technical project manager, product manager
- At least 5 years of experience managing a team
Other requirement: EU citizenship
Click below to apply