Cloud Infrastructure Architect
Posted 3 Weeks ago
The Cloud Infrastructure Architect is responsible to ensure all solutions demonstrate industry methodologies, our standards, and meet the technical requirements.
The Cloud Infrastructure Architect is responsible to ensure all solutions demonstrate industry methodologies, our standards, and meet the technical requirements. He is also responsible for identifying explicit and implicit customer needs and for ascertaining the solution that best meets these needs. Additional responsibilities include performing evaluations of technology standards, tools, products, and solutions and working closely with business and technology stakeholders to make rational design decisions in light of known dependencies and tradeoffs. The Cloud Infrastructure Architect will also assist project teams with technical issues including the definition of needs, benefits, and technical strategy, research & development within the project life-cycle; technical analysis and design; and support of operations staff in executing, testing and rolling-out solutions.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
• Hands-on experience with cloud architectures, including the architectural design and deployment of cloud solutions;
• Working knowledge of cloud management platforms;
• Ability to build collaborative working relationships with various internal and external stakeholders;
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to work effectively across internal and external organisations;
• Ability to work and communicate in a multi-cultural environment;
• Service-oriented mind-set;
• Familiar with service design in the context of cloud-based solutions;
• Ability to communicate in writing and verbally in a clear and concise manner;
• Initiative, accuracy and attention to detail;
• Fluent in English (written and spoken) is essential;
• Any other European language is a plus;
• Knowledge of ITIL functions and processes;
• Participate in the integration with collaborative tools and components;
• Stay current with new technologies and techniques as appropriate;
• Experience designing backup & disaster recovery solutions.
• Experience deploying and operating on public and private cloud frameworks;
• Lead highly-available and fault-tolerant enterprise architecture;
• Experience in large scale migration Data Center to Data Center and/or Data Center to Cloud;
• Experience with VMware Cloud products;
• Familiar with Devops concepts and tools (Ansible/Jenkins nice to have);
• Experience in infrastructure automation through DevOps;
• Familiar with Kubernetes/PKS (nice to have);
• Extensive Linux and Windows skills in Virtualized/cloud environment;
• Experience managing data center operations, including data assurance, monitoring, alerting and notifications;
• Knowledge of IP networking, VPN's, DNS, load balancing and firewalling;
• Strong Hypervisor experience, (e.g. VMware, NSX, VSAN and fibre-channel storage arrays).
Start date: As soon as possible.
EU citizenship is mandatory.
Click below to apply